Diptyque candles have always been in my treasure trove & always seemed hard to come by unless you were in a city or a specialty boutique, but we’re so lucky to have them readily available to pick up at our beautiful Montecito SPACE NK APOTHECARY. Since June gloom has finally come and it’s typically cold in the mornings I find myself burning the smaller sized candles throughout my home to keep a cozy vibe. I love that Diptyque makes there candles in a variety of sizes especially the smaller size, which I prefer for travel, bathrooms and nightstands. I also find these candles to be extremely fragrant and since I like to burn both Baies & Figuier at the same time I find the smaller size emits the perfect amount of scent without becoming too overpowering. It’s the little things ; )
I grew up on the beach here in California so you can only imagine what 39 years of being in the sun can do to one’s skin! I have a light olive skin complexion which can be both a blessing and a curse. I love the fact that I tan naturally still while being diligent with my SPF 30 (for body) but my face is another story! I am an avid hat wearer along with a minimum of SPF 50 & a good coverage foundation for added protection from the sun and still with that being said I some how have hyperpigmentation! Ugh! It’s a battle I’ve been fighting since my early 20’s when hormones really came into play especially because I made the decision to try birth control pills, turns out for me personally that wasn’t a good choice. The birth control pills were a major hormone disruptor and caused many issues besides the obvious of brown spots on my face (i.e hyperpigmentation/pregnancy mask)… so I became determined to figure out how to fade the hyperpigmentation and as the years go by it’s never completely gone away, but I have a much better grasp on what works for me and at what time of the year.
ZO Skin Health by Zein Obagi and SkinCeuticals are what work for me pretty much year round along with a light facial peel a couple times a year (mainly in the fall winter), constant micro needling, good makeup and wearing a hat as much as possible.
Product Details/Order of Application:
- SkinCeuticals : C E Ferulic Combination Antioxidant (on clean skin 2x/daily)
- ZO Skin Health by Zein Obagi: Pigment Control+blending Creme 4% Hydroquinone (Rx Only) (2 small pumps 2x/daily)
- ZO Skin Health by Zein Obagi: Brightalive Skin Brightener (2 small pumps 2x/daily)
- ZO Skin Health by Zein Obagi : Hydrating Creme (when feeling dry and evening only)
- SkinCeuticals: Physical Fusion UV Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 50 (I use the tinted one) (Daily in morning after above)
Here are some helpful tips for maintaining your Spring time spray tan!
- Do not shower, bathe or swim for six to eight hours after your tan has been applied
- When showering or bathing it is normal for some of the initial bronzer/makeup to wash off
- Avoid pools and jacuzzis that contain chlorine (this can remove or shorten the longevity of your tan)
- Avoid excessive exfoliation and intense exercising
- Staying hydrated by drinking water (electrolyte and coconut) is essential for good skin health and maintaining that golden glow
- Moisturize twice daily directly after showering to extend the life of your tan
Here are a few of my favorite super-hydrating products to help maintain your tan:
- Sol de Janeiro’s Brazilian Bum Bum Cream ($20-$45), which uses an extract of Brazil’s native Guaraná plant to soften skin
- Vita Liberta’s “Fabulous” self tanning lotion ($30), which uses aloe vera & shea butter adding a golden glow to your already natural and organic tan
- Alba Botanica’s original “very emollient” body lotion ($15) provides 100% daily hydration and is hypo-allergenic, perfect for an all body lotion that absorbs quickly, with no greasy residue