I grew up on the beach here in California so you can only imagine what 39 years of being in the sun can do to one’s skin! I have a light olive skin complexion which can be both a blessing and a curse. I love the fact that I tan naturally still while being diligent with my SPF 30 (for body) but my face is another story! I am an avid hat wearer along with a minimum of SPF 50 & a good coverage foundation for added protection from the sun and still with that being said I some how have hyperpigmentation! Ugh! It’s a battle I’ve been fighting since my early 20’s when hormones really came into play especially because I made the decision to try birth control pills, turns out for me personally that wasn’t a good choice. The birth control pills were a major hormone disruptor and caused many issues besides the obvious of brown spots on my face (i.e hyperpigmentation/pregnancy mask)… so I became determined to figure out how to fade the hyperpigmentation and as the years go by it’s never completely gone away, but I have a much better grasp on what works for me and at what time of the year.
ZO Skin Health by Zein Obagi and SkinCeuticals are what work for me pretty much year round along with a light facial peel a couple times a year (mainly in the fall winter), constant micro needling, good makeup and wearing a hat as much as possible.
Product Details/Order of Application:
- SkinCeuticals : C E Ferulic Combination Antioxidant (on clean skin 2x/daily)
- ZO Skin Health by Zein Obagi: Pigment Control+blending Creme 4% Hydroquinone (Rx Only) (2 small pumps 2x/daily)
- ZO Skin Health by Zein Obagi: Brightalive Skin Brightener (2 small pumps 2x/daily)
- ZO Skin Health by Zein Obagi : Hydrating Creme (when feeling dry and evening only)
- SkinCeuticals: Physical Fusion UV Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 50 (I use the tinted one) (Daily in morning after above)